BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Vegas 2011- Event Solutions Idea Factory Expo

I had the opportunity to go to Las Vegas for the Event Solutions- Idea Factory Expo this year. It was a conference held at the brand new Cosmopolitan Hotel (beautiful!). This conference allowed event planners and designers from around the globe to come together to share ideas and learn some new things while being inspired at every turn. I was able to meet my most favorite event designer of all time, Preston Bailey!! I shook his hand, talked with him, hugged him, maybe even cried a little...Just kidding!!! Check out his website to get a taste of his amazing talents, http://www.prestonbailey.com/ .
I also got to meet Marcy Blum who is a wedding planner to the stars. She's planned events for Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick, Regis Philbin, Billy Joel, and many others. You can get a taste of her work at http://www.marcyblum.com/ .
Below is a look at some of my favorite booths on the trade show floor at the Vegas convention center.

The hottest trends on the floor?
  • The use of lampshades of all sizes, styles, and colors.
  • Rosettes! Everywhere rosettes!
  • The use of vintage/antique items.
  • Using wood veneer instead of paper.
  • Patterned linens vs. a solid color.
  • Chandeliers- the more gaudy they are the better.
  • Wireless LED lighting options from spotlights, to moving "starlit" backdrops.
Overall it was a fantastic trip!
I even got to bring my #1 assistant and obsessed fan, my main man, Chris.
 

2 comments:

kim23 said...

indeed, you had an amazing trip! My sister had her wedding in Las Vegas last year and Marcy Blum was her wedding planner. what a great and professional planner! My sister's wedding was perfect and unique!

Wenni Donna said...

Thanks for sharing this information about event solutions factory expo. Last month, arranged a bridal show at Seattle convention center. Got great response as many people visited and loved everything presented there.